Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Fab Four


Before Sex and the City, there were the original four girls we loved to watch.  The Golden Girls.  We recently got more channels with our cable, and so we get this show again.  I love this show.  LOVE it.  While my husband does not find it quite as interesting (he usually falls asleep shortly after I put on the Hallmark Channel), he is sweet enough to fein interest while he is awake.  Just another reason I love him.

Anyway... the show, though it takes place in the 80s, and features a cast of much older women, in some way still seems like a fashion inspiration.  Not that I'm about to start dressing like a 50-something divorcee/widower in Miami, but  I still have a fondness for the clothing.  Sequins, shoulder pads, muumuus and all.  And of course, Sophia's wicker purse.















No comments:

Post a Comment