Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars 2010

The Oscars were pretty predictable in regards to who would walk away with the little gold men.  But, what I'm usually the most interested in isn't who will walk away big winners from the Academy, but who will walk away a winner (ok, and who will be a "loser") in the eyes of the fashion world.

Least Favorites


Oh SJP.... I know your a fashion risk taker at times, but I feel this one just didn't do the job.  That, and I feel that she looked really old for her age whenever you saw her up close.  Thumbs down for sure.

 

I feel like the bottom of the dress is what really takes it into the unlikeable category for me.  Way too much going on, in way too many shades of purple.

Eh... Unsure
(I'm not totally hating, or totally loving these)




I'm leaning more towards love than hate with Anna Kendrick's dress.  When I first saw it, I was really not that impressed, but the more I saw it throughout the night, I thought it was not bad.  I think the hair was slightly throwing me off.  Though in this picture, it looks pretty good too.



I love Nicole Richie, and her style.  But I wasn't sure about this dress.  I like it a lot from the back, but the front view leaves me wanting more.  Plus I wasn't too impressed with her hair.

Favorites of the Night




I thought Queen Latifah looked amazing.  I can honestly say I agree with those who say it could very possibly be the best she's looked.  



I'm mostly including Kristen Stewart here, because I think it is such an improvement in how she's looked in the past.  So, bravo, KStew.



I didn't actually get to see Cameron Diaz onscreen with this dress, but saw it while looking through photos.  It is amazing.  So glamorous.  




Sandra Bullock was the big winner in her category, and she was definitely dressed for it.  I especially love the top, and all the beading.  Gorgeous!




I have to say, I'm a little shocked to include Miley Cyrus on this list.  She really picked a dress that I think was beautiful.  I just wish she would've stood up straight!



No comments:

Post a Comment